Friday 16 May 2008

Study leave begins

Older son now on study leave. He got up at 11.00am despite numerous wake up calls. Now downstairs probably engaged in his project of reading Wikipedia from beginning to end. Or playing Championship Manager.

Yesterday, he took an old computer apart. What for? No reason. Just painstakingly took it to bits. Each time he extricated a bit, he brought it up to me proudly:

"This is a motherboard".

"Here's the hard drive".

Oh he was so proud of himself. He piled all the bits up into a tower and looked at them with awe.

But he says maybe I can use the hard drive for backing up my stuff. He has ordered an adaptor for the connection with my credit card details which are saved on their computer for vital itunes and pizza purchases.

If it works, his study leave will have produced something good.

Also, this tinkering around makes me feel more comfortable about his recent choice of engineering as a degree subject.

No comments: